Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form going to two places at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnapier

Technical User
Feb 17, 2001
US
I need to know if it is possible to have a form submit it's data (username and passwrod in this case) to two places at once?

I have email being provided by everyone.net, and I also run a forum... is it possible for somebody to login one time for both?? how would I write the form tag to make this happen?

here is what I have for each right now:

FOR EMAIL:
<form name=&quot;myForm&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; action=&quot;<table border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; width=&quot;248&quot; summary=&quot;this is the login table to check email with&quot;>
<tr>
<td colspan=&quot;2&quot; width=&quot;246&quot;> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td nowrap width=&quot;105&quot; align=&quot;left&quot;><font face=&quot;Arial&quot;><b>User Name:</b>  </font></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot; width=&quot;139&quot;><input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;loginName&quot; size=&quot;15&quot; value=&quot;&quot; maxlength=&quot;32&quot;></tr>
<tr>
<td align=&quot;left&quot; width=&quot;105&quot;><font face=&quot;Arial&quot;><b>Password:</b>  </font></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot; width=&quot;139&quot;><input type=&quot;password&quot; name=&quot;user_pwd&quot; value=&quot;&quot; size=&quot;15&quot; maxlength=&quot;32&quot;></td></tr>
<TR>
<td colspan=&quot;2&quot;><hr noshade class=&quot;primary&quot;>
<input type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;Login&quot; class=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;login&quot;>
</td>
<TR>
<td colspan=&quot;2&quot; width=&quot;246&quot;>
<table border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; width=&quot;246&quot; summary=&quot;this is the login table to check email with&quot;>
<tr>
<td valign=&quot;middle&quot; align=&quot;left&quot; nowrap width=&quot;24&quot;><font size=&quot;1&quot;> <input type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;store_pwd&quot; > </font></td>
<td class=&quot;smaller&quot; width=&quot;218&quot;><b><font size=&quot;3&quot; face=&quot;Arial&quot;>Remember Me</font>
<br><font color=&quot;#000000&quot; face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;1&quot;>(Save my login info on this computer)</font></font></b></td>
</tr></table></TD></TR></TABLE></form>

FOR FORUMS:

<% if (strAuthType = &quot;db&quot;) then %>
<td><font face=&quot;<% =strDefaultFontFace %>&quot; size=&quot;<% =strFooterFontSize %>&quot;><b>Username:</b></font><br>
<INPUT type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;Name&quot; size=&quot;10&quot; value=&quot;&quot;></td>
<td><font face=&quot;<% =strDefaultFontFace %>&quot; size=&quot;<% =strFooterFontSize %>&quot;><b>Password:</b></font><br>
<INPUT type=&quot;password&quot; name=&quot;Password&quot; size=&quot;10&quot; value=&quot;&quot;></td>
<td valign=&quot;bottom&quot;>
<% if strGfxButtons <> &quot;0&quot; then %>
<INPUT src=button_login.gif type=&quot;image&quot; value=&quot;Login&quot; id=submit1 name=submit1 border=0 hspace=4>
<%
else
if strGfxButtons = &quot;0&quot; then
%>
<INPUT type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;Login&quot; id=submit1 name=submit1>
<%
end if
end if
%>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=&quot;3&quot; align=&quot;left&quot;><font face=&quot;<% =strDefaultFontFace %>&quot; size=&quot;<%=strFooterFontSize %>&quot;>
<INPUT type=&quot;checkbox&quot; name=&quot;SavePassWord&quot; value=&quot;true&quot; CHECKED><b> Save Password</b></font>
</td>
<%
else
if (strAuthType = &quot;nt&quot;) then
%>

I m not sure if it is possible, coz once u press submit or write document.form.submit, the control is lost from that page.
An alternate method is that in loginuser.pl u make another form with two hidden variables loginname and password. Put the values that u get in these variables and using javascript submit the form to some new action page.

regards
Mubariz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back