Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Filter - How to reference a DLookUp field

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubtt

Technical User
Mar 8, 2014
US
I have a form where the 'Record Source' is a table. I have several fields in the table that have foreign key references that utilize the Lookup Combo Box display control to allow users to select from a drop down list in the form.

The issue I am having is that I can't filter the text in the foreign key fields (only the ID's ).

My attempted solution was to create a control on the form (text box) and bind it to each of the foreign key ID's using the DLookUp function and then reference this control in the filter code.

My question is... how do I reference this DLookUp textbox in my filter VbCode?

I have attached a '.jpg' image of various aspects of the form including the filter code on the 'On Change' event.

Thanks in advance...

Brad

JPG Image

a form where the 'Record Source' is a table
Why not use a query with all the foreign tables joined ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

PHV -- I would but then I would loose the ability to edit the records in the Form.

I had created in my mind an assumption (based on some false testing) that query backed forms don't carry the ability to edit the original source tables.

I tested again and all is well in my world now... :)

It is interesting how we can run down a rabbit trail for hours... all because our assumptions are wrong.

Thanks for your help!

brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back