Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwebbo1

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
I want to make a form that loses that sunken look, and I found some code that does that, but it does not work in NN, does anyone know of something that I can use. Here is what
I really need a clean and hip look for this form, so any help is appreciated!
I have this so far.
Code:
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;name&quot; value=&quot;&quot; size=&quot;20&quot; maxlength=&quot;20&quot; style=&quot;border: 1px solid #c3c3c3 background-color: #000000&quot;>

Try moving the code from your style attribute into a CSS header, like this

<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
input { background-color:#000; border:1px solid #ccc }
</style>

Put it within the <head> tags at the start of your HTML. I know for sure that this works in Mozilla... What version of NN are you running?

Oh! you know... if your example was cut-and-pasted, I think I found your actual problem -- there should be a &quot;;&quot; after the border definition in your style.
But, it's always a good idea to put CSS in the header instead of in style attributes anyways. -----------------------
&quot;To the small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify we give the name 'knowledge'&quot; -- Ambrose Bierce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back