Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form field type=FILE not passed when using NT Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

peruano

Programmer
Jan 22, 2001
PE
As you read friends. When using NT Security to restrict access to my users to certin CF pages, An error appear when I include a <input type=FILE> tag to upload a file.
It says that the no variable have not been declared. If a delete just the line of the <input type=FILE> tag it Works!

Obviously, when using a <input type=FILE> tag and security of the Internet Information Server with NT, it causes that no variable defined within the form on the previous page work.

Please, help!

That sounds strange, I've used lots of INPUT TYPE=&quot;File&quot; on NT-secured servers without any problems. Are you sure you typed:

<form action=&quot;save.cfm&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; enctype=&quot;multipart/form-data&quot; name=&quot;MyForm&quot;>

Are you using CF Server 4.5? Then make sure you have installed the CFHTTP patch and service pack 2 (both available on the Allaire site).
Hope this helps...

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

thank you very much amigo. See, I'm using CF 4.0 and NT 4.0. I use what you told me, but I finally discovered what was causing the problem: The Security.
In IIS you can set security to a directory, changing from allowing anonymous to Secure, but with 2 options: Basic Security and NTFS security. The last one is most secure than the first one, but it caused to me the problems.
The solution was to change from NTFS to Basic security but just the directory where my uploading page is.
This is a reported program of the Internet Information Service from Microsoft (what a surprise!!!??)
Check this link: thank you very much, and I will apreciatte a lot if a can help you in any CF problem

Iqof188: Please. What web server are you using?? it is very important for me to know it?
Because we have Internet Information Service 4.0 and CF 4.0 running on NT 4.0

Hey Peruano,

Still having problems with the file upload :) The NTFS security option only works with IE as I remember. If you're using Netscape, the browser will not be able to authenticate with the server.

At this point, is everything working for you?

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back