Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadw

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
I have a ASP form. I have it to email the response back to me. I am getting a

"Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forms/scripts/formmail.asp, line 465

Invalid ProgID." error.

I have the exentions setup on the web server. Can someone help me fix this error?

Thanks,

Chad

perhaps posting the processing page code will help determine the error

google.gif
[sup]And for additional ASP answers, download a 900+ page PDF here: thread333-721855​

I am using this sample to try to get it to work. I modified it to get it to work, but giving me the error too.

the CODE:

Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")
Mailer.FromName = "nfabk.org"
Mailer.FromAddress = "webmaster@nfabk.org"
Mailer.RemoteHost = "mail.nfaexchange.org"
Mailer.AddRecipient Request.QueryString("FName"), Request.QueryString("EmailAddr")
strMsgHeader = "You had a form submitted" & vbCrLf
for each qryItem in Request.QueryString
strMsgInfo = strMsgInfo & qryItem & " - " & request.querystring(qryItem) & vbCrLf
strMsgHTML = strMsgHTML & qryItem & &quot; - &quot; & request.querystring(qryItem) & &quot;<BR>&quot;
next
strMsgFooter = vbCrLf & &quot;End of request&quot;
Mailer.BodyText = strMsgHeader & strMsgInfo & strMsgFooter
if Mailer.SendMail then
Response.Write &quot;<html><head><style> P { font-family: georgia;font-size: 12px;color: #000000; }<\style>&quot;
Response.Write &quot;<body><p>Your mail has been sent. Here is what you entered in the form</p>&quot;
Response.Write &quot;<P>&quot; & strMsgHTML & &quot;</p></center>&quot;
Response.Write &quot;Thanks for visiting On Point Web Designs and letting us help you out</p>&quot;
Response.Write &quot;click <a href=&quot;&quot;aspTut6.asp&quot;&quot;>here </a> to go back</p>&quot;
else
Response.Write &quot;Mail send failure. Error was &quot; & Mailer.Response
end if
%>

sounds to me like you're just having a problem with that component you're using.

i'm not familiar with that one though - why not use ASPMail or the CDONTS one that comes with IIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back