Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Does Not Show 3rd Dependent ComboBox But Value Stored in Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyli84

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
GB
As part of a helpdesk program I have a form called "Calls" where problems are logged and it's recordsource is a query drawing fields from the calls and staff tables. I have 3 dependent listboxes on the form used to define a problem. When I actually choose values from each combo box they are saved in the calls table but whenever I come back to look at the record the 3rd combo box selection is missing even though te value origianlly stored is in the calls table. I have a query as the rowsource of combo boxes 2 and 3 and after update of combo boxes 1 and 2 a macro runs to requery the following combo box. What might be wrong, I need to present this system soon, help!!!

Does the record save before controls requery (after updating of first combobox)?

Aivars

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. I mean that the options that I originally select on the form are still saved in the record in the "Calls" table but when I go through the records on the "Calls" form and look at them the last combo box is empty even though their corresponding records in the "Calls" table (not form) still contain a value for the last combo box field called ProblemTier3. Mysteriously, if I put the focus on the last combo box in the form then the value originally selected appears but disappears if you go to another record on the form and come back to it. After update of combo box 1 I have a macro to requery values in combo box 2 and after update in combo box 2 I have a query to update values in combo box 3. Combo box 1 has rowsource Select [ProblemTier1 ID],[ProblemTier1 Name] from ProblemTier1 order by [ProblemTier1 ID];
combo box 2 has a rowsource based on a query of a table called ProblemTier2 which shows the values in the table where the ProblemTier1 ID matches that of the value on the form in combo box 1 (called combo_ProblemTier1) . A similar thing is done for the rowsource of combo box 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back