Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Controls Wizard vs DB Prop ReplicateProject

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmgrn

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
I am using Access 2002 on Win XP.

While working on a form, when I tried to add a new frame, I started getting the message "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'AHFC-RHI-104R' that prevents it from being opened or locked" for no apparent reason (the message window title was "Option Group Wizard").

"OK" was the only option and when I took it, the new frame was placed on my form but the wizard did not open (the wizard on/off option on the toolbar was set to on).

I made a blank db and imported all my objects but got the same results.

When I checked the db properties window, I noticed an entry under the Custom tab that said ReplicateProject Value:Yes Type:Yes/No.

Selecting and deleting the item, closing and reopening the db seemed to restore the wizard but then soon after it 'broke' again and ReplicateProject Yes Yes/No had returned.

I am still investigating but has anyone got any information that would help me solve this problem logically/permanently?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Replicate project is a custom properties value set when the project has been replicated. Is your db a replicated db? if not create a new blank db and make sure the replicated properties value set to false, save, then import the objects. Are you modifing the forms code in design view only? if its in form view you may be corrupting the form which is also causing the 'that prevents it from being opened or locked' error

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

How are ya cmgrn . . .
cmgrn said:
[blue][purple]I made a blank db[/purple] and imported all my objects but got the same results.[/blue]
If when you made the new blank db you stopped and checked the custom properties tab (before importing), you'd notice the [blue]ReplicateProject[/blue] was already set to [blue]Yes[/blue]. This is how it is for all new db's (I believe its set by the jet). Why its set to yes I can't say, but I've never had a problem ... network or local.

In the kb Article 274211 microsoft saids the message is by design (see [purple]status[/purple]) ... go figure.

The fact that this is affecting the [blue]wizards button[/blue] is not only out of context but [purple]indicitive of corruption[/purple]. As such Id suggest a reinstall and go from there.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back