Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form based on two tables, use a query which creates inner join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roddy17

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
CA
i have a couple of questions which are gonna sound real simple but i've drawn a blank as to how to solve these issues.

1) I have two tables that are related and i want a form to be based on the both of them. What i have done was use a query which has the two tables in it as the source for the form. (On the form was a company name and address, along with room for 3 Key Personnel with their Name, Job Title, Phone, Email Address, and Fax Number for each of them. Originally i had put each individual field into the Company table just to make the form work. But i know that it is more efficient for Access 97 to have the repeating Key Personnel information in a separate table.) So what i did was create a Key Personnel table with the appropriate fields. And i created a primary key with Autonum and have it linked to a Person field (Number) in Company table. At first the information from the Company table was working and nothing was showing up in the Key Personnel fields of the form. Now nothing on the form works.

2) There is a Main form with an options button that opens a modal pop-up form which has several command buttons, each of which takes the user to a different form. When the user clicks on a button, i use the DoCmd to execute a macro which closes the modal pop-up form and open the next form. Then when the user clicks the Close button on that form, it closes and a macro opens the modal pop-up form once again. That part works ok, except if the user wants to open more than one of the forms in succession (I don't mean at the same time, but open one, close it and then open another one). The problem is that the second, and third etc. forms that get opened from this modal form, end up hiding behind the Main form for some reason. Is there a way to set focus to these forms so that when opened, they always show up on top?

Like i said, i'm thinking that there is a simple answer to these questions, but i'm a bit frazzled from looking at this same code for so long.
thank you vm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back