Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forking MWI Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

InteropPbxs

Programmer
Sep 19, 2008
US
Is there a way to have the Mitel 3300 Rel 8 fork MWI notifications to multiple endpoints at the same time.

For example a user has a phone such as the 5212/5330/5340 either configured as IP or SIP. The user has a second device that will ring for incoming calls. This device could be setup as a multiline or mobile extension. In either case the device is SIP based and connected using a SIP trunk.

If the user receives an incoming call both the 5212/5330/5340 rings and the SIP device rings. When one answers the other one cancels. However if the user has a voice mail I need to have the light on the 5212/5330/5340 light up as while as have the shared SIP device receive a SIP Notify for voice mail notification.

I have tried setting up a multiline Set Key assignment for MWI on a SIP Phone (5212 and 5330) and it does not seem to work for SIP phones. For an IP device it works fine but not for SIP.

Have you tried to do notifications in another way? Such as to an email address or a phone call to an extension or external number? All these methods provide indication that a new message exists in a mailbox.

Yes I have tried the phone call to an extension/external number. The problem with this approach is that you only get notified when a voice mail message is deposited. When the messages are cleared there is no notification. So if we turn a light on a second device there is no notification sent so that we can turn it off with this approach.

Why dont you give the sip device the mailbox and on the mitel phone put a MWI button of the sip extns mail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back