Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forgotten Windows XP Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

allodds1

MIS
Feb 20, 2004
US
I have a windows XP computer, however, the password is forgotten. I do not have the original CD disk. Is there a 'work-around' for not having the password or is there a way to recover the forgotten password?

Thanks

Allodds1

Try Safe Mode and see if you can enter the Administrator account with a blank password.

This article is not as hopeful as it sounds but have a read anyway.

321305 - How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your Password Expires

305478 - HOW TO: Create and Use a Password Reset Disk for a Computer That Is Not a Domain
306214 - How to create and use a password reset disk for a computer in a domain in Windows XP

There are many sites that can help you further with lost or forgotten passwords (Google for instance) but this site for security and ethical reasons does not support that policy. Sorry about that, but if we can help in any other way please try us again.

i dont recall the links, but a linux boot disc with the proper tools will fix it up ..

I found the one i have via google

~Shmoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back