Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forgotten Password Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMag

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am looking to roll out the Novell 4.91 sp3 client to our workstations (1400+) we also have 200+ laptops.

Rolling out to the desktops will not be the problem, as I can enable the 'Forgotten Password' feature. With our laptops however this is different. The users login to the laptops localy (via a Novell Client which is forced to Workstation Only) then login to the network via the LoginW32.exe as a shortcut on the desktop. If I turn on the Forgotten Password feature this would be available on the Workstation Only login aswell as via the LoginW32 login shortcut.

Does anyone know if there is a way of turning off the link on the client for the forgotten password feature on the workstation only login and have it displayed for the LoginW32? I know at the moment the setting under the advanced features is either 'On' or 'Off'

Thanks

Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back