Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD FOR WIN NT 4.0 WORKSTATION ADMIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2001
US
We had a consult build a windows nt 4 workstation and he is no longer here. The administrator password is unknown and I have tried none and several but nothing works. How can I get in as administrator without rebuilding the PC.

Thank you,
Jacqueline
Graver Water Systems,Inc.
jsalgado@graver.com

do a parallel install /winnt40p
bootup go to original root winnt\system32 & click musr & change admin password

or use the linux boot disk to clear the password, i've got one here. works a treat.
If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

Or acquire a copy of ERD Commander. This will allow you to boot from a floppy and change the current Administrator password. - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Hi,
How can i share my Cd Rom of Server for my Clients.
Thnx.
imranz4u@hotmail.com

there is a program that allows you to retrieve lost passworsds called lophtcrack, its pretty good but you must have administrator rights as the user....
go to this site and download the latest version....
Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

<<In reply to>>
imranz4u@hotmail.com (Visitor) Jun 30, 2001
Hi,
How can i share my Cd Rom of Server for my Clients.
Thnx.
imranz4u@hotmail.com

go to the server and right click on the CD ROM drive, then click on sharing, and then New Share.....type the share name as CD ROM or what you want, and then make sure everyone has permission (this should be default anyway).
Then hit OK and thats it!
good luck!
Jay~

&quot;I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???&quot;

~KeyTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back