Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forgotten Bios Password on Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawabasif

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
GB
Hi.

I have a toshiba satellite laptop and i have a bios password preventing unauthorised use of he system. But now the tables have turned. How do i disable the password? Do i have to take out the CMOS battery? Or is there soe other way, some software perhaps?

All advise will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

you have to use a device which conects to printer port. it looks like the printer cable but without the wire. i've seen them on ebay for about between 10 - 20

You may be able to reset it with CmosPwd or KeyDisk. The loopback adapter can be built yourself, the diagram is on this site along with the two software packages mentioned:

If you can find out who makes the bios for the motherboard on your laptop their is usually a super password installed by the bios mfgr for instance the password for award bios in the past was "AWARDS" most bios's have build in super passwords that are built into the cmos chip itself

Thanx Guys.

Ill try the suggestions you have given. I will let you know it they work and keep them coming please if there are any simple ways of doing it.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back