Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forgot the adminstrator password

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinky71

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
US
I bought a PC from a company and windows 2000 is already installed. I tried to reinstall windows 2000 but every time it boots up it always boot on hard drive. I changed the boot sequence on the BIOS to floppy and cd-rom and when it boot it seems like it reads on floppy and cd-rom bec. it light up but it will still boot on the hard drive. What should I do, PLEASE help.

Take the advice on the win2k server forum - create a set of install boot floppies for win2k and start install of using those.

Also, it only gives you a few seconds to boot from CD, displaying the 'press a key' message. If you are not paying attention it is all to easy to miss the message... James Goodman

If you are looking to just reinstall W2K then disregard this post. If you would rather just change the administrators password on the local machine you can do so by using the Unix based boot disk found at the link given below.

The directions can bve found out the link as well.

It won't help you with a Domain password but it will change the local administrators password. It has an option tio change even if syskey has been enabled. I have never tested that however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back