Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forgot supervisor password

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryeduc

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
FR
Hi can any one help me to find out a way to reuse the univers that have been created in a secured
Bo environment.
The problem is that we have lost the supervisor password.
We have new users and they want to use the univers that have been created earlier.
Since we have lost the superviosr acess, I wanted to reinstall Bo server side and client side, in that case will i be able to reuse those univers created before with other login names.
Please reply as early as possible, it is urgent.

Hi,

You have two solution to this problem:

1 - Contact BusinessObjects support and ask them the solution to unlock the supervisor or to reset it's password.
The solution is very fast and simple, but I don't want to give it here in a public forum

2 - Re-installing the server (WebI, BCA,...) and client won't change any thing. You have to remove the repository from your database (tables OBJxxx, UNVxxx, etc) and recreate it. That means that you will loose all your users, docs and unvs stored in the repository.

Hope it will help
Gkar

Hi GKar,
Thanks for ur advice, can you please explain the way to reset the supervisor password to my e-mail
address, if so please do notify me or give ur e-mail adress, to contact you.
Thanks in advance.

Gerryeduc

Hi,

you can send me an email to tatiflette@yahoo.co.uk

Gkar

You can enter the BO Repository yourself and reset that password. The field in the repository table that locks out users is M_ACTOR_N_STATUS which you find in the OBJECT_M_ACTOR table of your repository.

M_ACTOR_N_STATUS
NOT
NULL
int10
BOSAS_ENABLED 1,
BOSAS_LOCKED 2,
BOSAS_OFFLINEPREVENT 4,
BOSAS_CANNOTCHANGEPWD 8,
BOSAS_REALTIMESECU 32,
BOSAS_CANNOTDELETEDOC 64

No need to reinstall. Hope this helps

Status