Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FORGOT SHOW COMMAND??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shug1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
Guys,
for the life of me I cant remember what the command is, and I just used it a couple of days ago. I want to look at an interface from the running config and see on the equipment it is plugged into what port it is connected to??

example:
sh run int g0/2---- what the port is it is associated with on the connecting equipment???

Not sure if I understand exactly what you are trying to do but I think you are reffering to Sh cdp neighbors detail which will give you details of connected Cisco devices running this feature, the from and to ports are showed as well.
Otherwise ... Show mac-address table will show you the Mac address of the device/s connected to each port.

Hope this helps

taking the mac address another step..once you have the mac of the device, go to the router and do a "show arp | inc *insert mac here*" and it will give you the ip address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back