Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forestprep Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

micon55

MIS
Feb 22, 2001
GB
Please help. I am at my wits end!
We are running a W2K domain and want to install Exchange 2K. We have previously had a E2K server working but this was upgraded and so a fresh install was required.
I have followed all the MS articles about removing E2K from AD and ADSIEdit removing the Exchange container. Have also used ldp to view the configuration.

So I am pretty sure that the AD and schema are clean. The problem we're having is that I cannot run forestprep successfully. I keep getting the error 0xC1037ae. I have searched the Net and MS knowledgebase and followed their instructions with no joy.

Setup failed while Creating templates (error 0xC1037AE6: Extending the schema in the Active Directory failed. Please consult the following error log: %s\LDIF.ERR.) .

Additional information:
An operations error occurred.

Facility: LDAP Provider
ID no: 80072020
Microsoft Exchange Setup

mode = 'ForestPrep' (61965)

Extending the schema in the Active Directory failed. Please consult the following error log: %s\LDIF.ERR.

ID no: c1037ae6
Microsoft Exchange Setup

mode = 'ForestPrep' (61965)

Setup encountered an error during Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation of ForestPrep component task.

Function:
CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScCreateOrgLevelAdminGroupsCT
CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScAddDSObjects
CBaseAtom::ScSetup
ScRunLDIFScript
CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScInstallTemplates
CAtomOrgCtChildren::ScAddDSObjects
CBaseAtom::ScSetup
CBaseComponent::ScSetup
CCompForestPrep::ScSetup
CComExchSetupComponent::Install
Any help much appreciated.