Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forest Trust w/ DMZ: DNS Zones are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty545

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I have a problem in that my DMZ hosts a DNS zone that is the same as my internal Domain. I now want to setup a trust between the internal Domain and DMZ domain. The problem is that the trust cannot be setup because both forests contain the same DNS zones. I can setup DNS forwarding on the internal domain, which solves the internal side of the trust, but I cannot setup forwarding on the DMZ because it would forward public requests to the internal DNS server.

Is it possible to setup a trust that does not use DNS? Possibly by using the hosts file or lmhosts file?

Any other suggestions for setting up a trust between a DMZ and internal domain where the name of the internal domain is also the name of the public DNS namespace would be great.

Thanks in advance.

The other piece of the puzzle is that we have many internal DC's that are in serperate physical sites. Which one should I open the firewall to allow traffic to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back