Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forest/Domain Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

efector

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
Hello....we are an international company that has separate, dissimilar AD domains. I am charged with figuring out, what the best design for our organization globally would be, and then making it happen. I dont think trusts between the domains is the best idea.

Part of the requirement is that people in say Turkey, need to be able to administer the USA, and vice versa. Also, users who visit the USA from Austria need to be able to get to the internet via our ISA server(which uses our AD for authentication, so all users, must be "trusted" throughout the whole organization, no matter where they work).

We are using a ".local" type AD name.

So what is the best scenario for this? Any help you can provide would be great

Based on what you said, I'd collapse everything into a single domain. But I'd spent a fair amount of time poking around before being sure.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Yep single domain is probably the way to go based on the info provided. Careful planning needs to go into your AD sites and OU design.

Download the Microsoft Infrastructure Infrastructure Planning and design docs here;

And download the Active directory domain services guide, this will give you all the guidance you need on what you need to be thinking about in terms of design.

Paul
VCP4

RFC 2795 - The Infinite Monkey Protocol Suite (IMPS)

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back