Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forefront UAG vs Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindylee

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
CA
Hi,
Can someone tell me the difference between Microsoft's Forefront UAG and Citrix? I'm trying to figure out where you would use
each product and what the pros and cons are? Do they both do the same thing - serve applications remotely? Please bear with
me if this is a dumb question - I don't know anything about either product but I'm trying to figure out the best and most
secure way to run an application on an extremely secured network, that gets its data from a not so secure network....
Thanks in advance

MS Forefront is a combo proxy/firewall server application that is on it's way out as a product line, therefore I wouldn't plan any future technology purchases around it. With regards to Citrix you are being a bit vague. Citrix is itself a company which has multiple products for application, server and desktop virtualization. If you are referring to their NetScaler product, it is essentially an application load balancer and serves also as a secure access gateway to Citrix products.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm referring to Citrix NetScaler and XenApp?

The question here Cindy is what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you looking for security solutions for your environment or are you trying to host applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back