Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forefront Client Security KB956280 - Update Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2007
US
Hello.

I have an intermitent issue with installing antimalware engine update for Forefront Client Security KB956280. Windows update, wsus update and manually update all fail... Manual update shows that antimalware service could not be stopped and this appears to cause the issue with updating the patch. Instead I forcibly shutdown the antimalware service anbd manually ran the update however the same error occurs.

As of now the only way I have been able to install this update to certain machines (not all machines are exhibiting the same behavior in the domain) is to take the machine off the domain restart the machine install the update. After this installs correclty via any method (manually sus or windows update). I just need to add the machine back to the domain...

Currently we are installing via WSUS with MOM service agent. Has anyone seen the same issue with this specific update... And have they found a permanent solution, instead of just a work around... I don't really want to go machine to machine and remove machines form AD and add them back in again... This also appears to effect some servers so this becomes a larger issue.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back