Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forecasting Component change out dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozgipsy

Technical User
Apr 16, 2004
AE
I am trying to find a means, within 4.1 of forecasting component change out dates of major equipment. Without having to do this via the scheduling periods windows.

Are there any answers out there??

Oz

You can review the life left on a component using MSO651 and inputting the correct stat type. This is calculated on the fly and not stored in the MIMS database so you cannot report on it using external reporting tools. It also only gives you the amount of "stat" that is left and you need to calculate the dates based on the average daily stat.
Generally the best way I have found to schedule your component changeouts is to use the scheduling package as you can run forecasts based on the latest stats input. I used to setup a simple MST with a last performed stat and the life of the component as the amount of the stat. This has the advantage of keeping all the info in the one area. I did use a seperate work group as I wanted to push or pull these tasks as budgets and operations allowed. This does not work for rotables unless you make the MST against the equipment instead of the component (traceable piece of equipment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back