Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ForEachLoop wont access remote folder. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandMauler

Programmer
May 16, 2007
US
Hello.

Here's the set up:
I am running an SSIS pkg (SQL 2k5) on a x64 machine. The goal is for the pkg to run via an SQL Agent Job so that others can run it as well. The pkg accesses an Excel file, which means it cannot run under the SSIS subsystem, but must instead run in the Operating System subsystem, using the DTEXEC command from the (x86) Program Files folder. This is essentially the same as running the EXEC xp_CmdShell C:\Program Files (x86)\DTExec command from the Query window.

For those of you not familiar with running SSIS in a x64 environment, there is no 64-bit OLE Jet drivers, hence why I must use the DTExec command from the (x86) folder.

So, here's the command I'm running from the query window:
EXEC xp_CmdShell 'C:\"Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe" /f "E:\SSIS\SWAT_MANAGER\SWAT_Tariff_Import\SWAT_Tariff_import\bin\TARIFF RATES UPDATE.dtsx" /CONFIG "E:\SSIS\SWAT_MANAGER\SWAT_Tariff_Import\SWAT_Tariff_import\CONFIGFILE.dtsConfig" /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING E'

As you can see, I'm using the (x86) DTExec and pointing it to a config file. This is how this pkg must be ran. It cannot be ran in the SSIS subsystem. Please trust me on this.

Also, in the ForEachLoop container, the enumerator is "ForEach File enumerator" and the folder under "Enumerator Configuration" points to an explicit[\b] location, not a mapped drive.

The pkg does work when ran in the SSIS subsystem, but like I said earlier, this is not an option.

So, the question is this: Why doesn't the ForEachLoop container bother to access the remote folder when a Config file is use in conjuction with IS pkg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back