Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcing irusScan7 install to Win 2k Domain Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2003
US
I am trying to install VirusScan 7 via epo 2.5.1 to Windows 2000 domain controllers. The DC's already have Netshield 4.5. During the install it is supposed to remove Netshield 4.5. Well I seem to be having a problem. When the install seems to be complete, I have a virusScan 7 shield in the tray at the bottom right of the screen. I cannot enable the on access scanner. When I check add/remove programs I see Netshield 4.5 is still installed and Enerprise ver 7 doesn't exist. When I try to enable the scanner, it imediately disables itself. I checked the application log in the event viewer and I get continuous errors" cannot contact the filter driver. I foubd the filter driver and executed from a command prompt with the switch -I. Now I can enable the on access scanner. Seems like the server is stuck in the middle of both versions. When I try to remove Netshield 4.5 I get an error message " the program is busy with an installation process,please wait. I tried to perform a manual re-install of Ver 7 and get pretty much the same error. I have run the Mertool and sent logs to Network Associates. Waiting for answers.

Does anyone out there have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

mark in the ePO to uninstall the netshiel 4.5; and mark to install the vs7.

if the netshield persist whith the error, re-install manual the netshield 4.5 and then remove it.

I have tried all your suggestions already. The problem is, I can't install Netshield 4.5 or VirusScan 7. I get an error message that a previously install has not completed. I tried to disable the services also to no avail. I have an incident opened with Network Associates. They still do not have an answer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back