Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcing a clean on Sony Ait SDX-700V

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1lby

MIS
Oct 1, 2001
GB
Hi,
My Ait drive had errors and Backup Exec recommended a clean - so in went the cleaning tape and the cleaning process was completed.

There's still read errors from time to time so I want to initiate another clean - but when I load the cleaning tape it is ejected after about 30 seconds.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force a clean? - it seems the Ait drive believes it is OK and doesn't want to do another clean....

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed!

Kindest Regards

Phil Blythe

There's still read errors from time to time so I want to initiate another clean - but when I load the cleaning tape it is ejected after about 30 seconds."

It takes less then 30 seconds for a "cleaning", so the 30 second tape eject is normal. If you still have errors, replace the tape. If after trying a couple new tapes and still have errors, suspect the tape unit is nearing death.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back