Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forced Message VM Box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebloome

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
We have a need to set up a Voicemail box on our Call Pilot server (Version 5.00.41) for our client to be able to play a message to our agents but not be able to leave a message. this is an announcement only mailbox. I built the ACDN (ld 23) for the extension and set up the NCFW to go to Call Pilot. Everything is working fine except that after the announcement plays, the call pilot plays the canned message "The owner of this mailbox is not accepting messages @ this time" is there a way to turn that part off. i just want to be able to play the message and disconnect.

I don't think you can turn that off (but I could be wrong). I think your best bet is to build an announcement in App Builder (with all end points set for disconnect or end), take out the mailbox and put the ACDN in the SDN table. You can record the message from App Builder or through Prompt Maintenance - Voice Item Maintenance - which is usefull if your client is changing this message regularly. You will need the App ID number, password and the ID number for the message (and you cannot have it open in App Builder if you use Prompt Maintenance).

Regards

I will give that a shot. thank you for the input.

I'm used to working with the older CP's but can't you still select the mailbox as an information box and not a subscriber? The draw back is that the call is dropped after it plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back