Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forced login users getting logged off automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
We have an IP500 with professional license, Version 4.15 and (40) 5410 phones which 24 of them are set to forced login and the users set to forced login are getting randomly logged off and the users are telling us they are not touching any buttons. The only thing unusual was the fact that we had to delete the users and recreate to fix a problem with the DNDOn button logging the users off. User's telephony tab has Login Idle Period = blank and Status on No Answer = "Logged On No Change" Any help would be greatly appriciated.

try taking off the forced login but leave the password in and if they log off again delete the password as well, users without a password are not able to log off. Try it with one or two users that are mostly affected and see where you get from there

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

There is a option for agents
When they do not answer a call they can be logged of, check that option (status on no-answer) in the telephony tab
Also there is an option for automatic log off when idle for some time (login idle period)

Also when the ipoffice is rebooted then agents are logged out on there phones

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter,
User's telephony tab has Login Idle Period = blank and Status on No Answer = "Logged On No Change". now, i did notice that the huntgroup has a "Agent's on no answer applies to:" option which is set to none. im wondering if i should set this to "any call" so that the agent's "on no answer" status of "logged on (no change)" is applied to all calls? let me know if i am unclear in what im saying.

Westi, i need the agents to be able to log on and off. it seems like what your saying is to end up removing the force login option completely.

thanks.

I guess you have more agents then you have phones and they share the phones, the forced login doesn't remove the ability to log off so you can uncheck the forced login but still log out and log back in but you need to keep the login code otherwise they won't be able to log out.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Could be that they are using same login id, if you login from another phone with user id already logged in first agent is logged out. You get a warning but just press # and you logg out first agent without they get a warning.

This could also be a network problem, if the phone reboots the the phone will also be logged off. You could have a look a the poe switch, maybe it's getting to it's limit of poe stations.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

i have 25 phones with 1 user per phone, no one shares phones. Westi, i must have misunderstood what you were saying. im going to try that.

thanks.

sorry but didn't see that you had 5410 phones

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

you can in that case even take the password out and have them log into the huntgroup instead of the user, give each user a huntgroup enable button and then you circumvent the login of the actual user

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back