Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forced Entry of Account Codes Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

softbatch

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2002
US
We have a Definity G3si v11. I am configuring a class of restriction to force agents to enter account codes when dialing outside the system. The agents are unable to dial long-distance unless they enter an account code so that part is working. However, the agents can still dial out locally without an account code entry.

Can anyone tell me where to look for restricting all outbound calls (local and long-distance) unless an account code is entered first. Thanks.

I would pull up the trunk groups that you do not want them to use and restrict their cor from calling the cor of the trunk group.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

If I restrict their COR from calling the COR of the trunk, would that also restrict them from dialing out even after they input the account code?

I am not sure as we are not using them. It would assume that the account codes would work around the cor restritions as that is what they do. On your account codes form is there a cor assigned to them?

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Hi check in your Toll list restriction i think you need to have CDR FEAC enabled on the destination in order ot force them to used an Account code

mickeydidit:
I am not sure where the setting for COR is configured for FEAC. Do you know what command will give me that info?

dmouge:
I typed "ch toll 0" and it shows an 'x' in all columns under CDR FEAC. Is this the setting you are referring to?

Thanks.

Also remember that the Definity doesn't verify a correct or incorrect account code, it only checks for the right number of digits. The remaining features of the COR of the extension will still determine whether or not the call will go through.

Hi,

you can found the force entry of account code on the ch cor command page 1 if i'm correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back