Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

force XP to resize window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkom

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
US
I have a couple programs that don't display correctly because some of the info is outside of the window, and the window cannot be resized. With most programs it is only a comsmetic issue. I have one program with buttons off the window that cannot be tabbed too, thus the program is useless. Can I force XP to let me resize the window?

If the programs are "true" Windows programs, and everything else is fine, this should not happen.

If the programs are older DOS-applications, it becomes slightly more difficult. Do not execute the programs directly, but rather from a shortcut. In the properties of the shortcut you can adjust the Windows size, and font characteristics to make it "fit" in reasonable terms.

Please advise, as if these are Windows applications something else important is wrong, starting with the display adapter drivers.

It certainly is a display problem. I have figured out that it is caused by choosing large fonts in advanced display properties. I'll be contacting my video card manufacturer.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back