Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force user to enter data by form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slym

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
US
Hi, I am relatively new to using access and I have created a couple tables. I would like to force users to enter data to these tables only by using a form I created. I can't seem to find this option but remember hearing I could do so in a class I took. Can anyone help w/ this one? Thanks a lot!

You could set the startup form to be the one you created. Look for "Startup..." on the Tools menu.

Sweet Thanks a lot Lambert.. I was trying to find the option in the form properties... That was nice and easy.. Again thanks!

Hello Slym

From looking at your profile I see that your pretty new to TT. Welcome!

Just a tip, if you find a post helpful or expert then its common practice to award the member who has helped you out by "starring" them. To do this click the link at the bottom left of the post.
You can only star each member once in a post, but can star the same person again in another thread as long as the post has helped you out.

To find out more about starring, see your profile (or any other members) which has a brief paragraph about it or look it up on the TT home page.

All the same, I hope you enjoy Tek-Tips!!! :)

Many Thanks,

Steve.
MCP Win2k

thanks steve,,
did not know about the "starring".. nice feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back