Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Outlook 2000 To Prompt For Account When Sending Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

briand2

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
GB
I use Outlook 2000 at home and I have several email accounts. Almost all of the time I send emails from my default account. However, on some occasions I need to send it from a different account. I know all I have to do is click the down-arrow beside the Send button and then select the account I want, but I'm so used to just clicking the Send button that before I know it I've done it again even though I hadn't intended using the default account!

Is there any way I can make Outlook 2000 force me to choose an account whenever I want to send an email?

Thanks,

Brian

okay...after searching microsoft I could not find a way to do this in Outlook 2000...but this is how I do it in Outlook 2003...let me know if it works!

1. In the email message, click Accounts.
2. Click the account you want to use.

hth~

Boni
:eek:)

Boni J. Rychener
Hammerman Associates, Inc.
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
800-783-2269

Thanks, Boni.

It's OK - I've found a way of doing it!!

I just used Tools\Customise, selected Commands tab and under the File menu item found command Send Using, which I dragged to the top left of my tool bar. This new command is now to the left of my pre-existing, normal Send button. When I click Send Using, the accounts list appears - I don't need to remember to press the down-arrow.

Brian

EXCELLENT!!!
I will make note of this for my own use!
Thanks
Boni
:eek:)

Boni J. Rychener
Hammerman Associates, Inc.
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
800-783-2269

Status
Not open for further replies.