Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Null to Zero on Crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2002
US
My report has Month as the Horizontal Column and 4 Summary calculations as the Row (labels) and is grouped by Person. In order to maintain a visual appeal, I would like the report to create the entire 12 month crosstab, regardless of if there is data for that column-row intersection.
Current output:

Rhonda
JAN03 FEB03 MARO3
TTL Calls 1 3 1
TTL Happy 2 4 2
TTL Sad 3 5 3
TTL Dropped 4 6 4

Jeff
FEB03 FEB03
TTL Calls 0 5
TTL Happy 6 4
TTL Sad 7 3
TTL Dropped 8 2

I want the output to look like Rhonda's, using 0s for the Jan03 records if they don't exist. I realize one option would be a manual cross-tab, but I see the effort involved in doing that and do not think it is a reasonable solution.

Thanks in advance!

This is a common problem with Crystal.

The way I suggest people resolve this is by creating a periods table in the database that has all periods of interest, and do a Left Outer to that table, that way you get all dates.

There are workarounds, but they're kloogey. If you don't want the above solution, let me know and I'll forward the create a calendar type of functionality (there are samples on the WEB at various locations).

-k

I tried that, but I guess I didn't do it right. Does my table only need the following?

Month
'2003-01-01'
'2003-02-01'
'2003-03-01'

or do I have to do this pairing with every person I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back