Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force new page

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpgagirl

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
CA
I am creating a printable versions of existing pages. I would like to force new pages when printing, instead of having everything follow. If I create a .CSS help says it is not universal and may not work with many browsers. Is there an easy html code or something I can insert at the point where I want a new page?

Thanks

Jeannie

I am creating a printable versions of existing pages.
I recommend using only additional css files for printing, rather than taking the time to 'create printable versions'. Most modern browsers will recognize the page-break styles. I am unaware of any other reliable method for forcing page breaks.
I would like to force new pages when printing...
I would also use as few page-breaks as are absolutely needed, due to differences in paper sizes, user preferences, margins, etc.

Good luck.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back