Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force New Page when textbox is filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

titans514

Programmer
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi all, Can anybody point me in the right direction, I have created a unbound report and use adodb to populate the report. The report is lengthy, but one of the fields is a memo field, when this field is filled up how do I have it print on an additional form in my access database. Any ideas or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

You could insert a page break and set its Visible property as necessary.

Good luck

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

Only problem with that is that there is information underneath the page break, when I insert the page break I can no longer see the other information. Thanks for the post.

Is the 'CanGrow' property of the text box set to Yes? that might be what you need after all...

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

No, it isn't working. I probably should have explained better. I have a report with approximately 80 fields, it is a complex report. The main part of the report is a textbox which incorporates a string array to list names accordingly. It can vary from one name to one hundred. Underneath the name I need to have it print a memo field, I cannot use two different textboxes, because I need to vary the length of the field depending on the amount of names listed. This report is standard and cannot be modified. Underneath the textbox, there are two fields for the name of the person filing the report and the date. When I use the page break, this is no longer visible. I was wondering if there was another way. I definitely thank you for taking the time to try and help. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back