Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force JumpMenu to = table column width?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrpatdlgs

Programmer
Mar 28, 2000
US
I have a table which contains 3 columns. The leftmost column contains several &quot;jump menus&quot;. Dreamweaver's default width of the jump menu drop-down box is controled by the length of the longest text string within the &quot;<option, /option>&quot; tags.

My table width is set to 700 px, cell pad, cell space and borders are all set to 0,

The column of the table which contains the jump menu is set to 30% (which equals 210 px)

I have tried using the following html &quot;style=width&quot; code to try to force the jump menu width to take up the entire width of the 210 px column but the result is a jump menu that is LESS THAN 210 px (although it IS wider than it was before adding the code):
<td width=&quot;100%&quot;>
<form name=&quot;form2&quot;>
<div align=&quot;left&quot;>
<select name=&quot;DLGS Programs&quot; onChange=&quot;MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)&quot; class=&quot;smtxt4&quot; style=&quot;width:210px&quot;>
<option value=&quot;NEW index.shtml&quot; selected>- select -</option>

Is there a way to force a jump menu to expand to fill a table column width? Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
John

if your table column width is fixed you could make the first list value a non-functional title with enough dots or something on either side to make the jump menu the correct width (ie: &quot;..............LINKS.................&quot;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back