Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force IDC Day Tree in a RDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

falwiz

MIS
Oct 24, 2003
US
Can someone explain how this is setup. I have a site with an Option 61 and I need to setup a new route that dups the existing Verizon PSTN route for a Bright House route. I have all the setting correct and copied the other route to a T but for some reason the default tree that is used on the new route is the night IDC tree. The other existing route is default day. Now I've setup many routes before and this isn't new to me so I'm just a little confused. To add to this there is no console on this site but is controlled by another site across the street. If someone can tell me how to change the setting to use the default days tree in the RDB I would be greatful.

Cheers!

You cant change it. Without a console your switch is always in night's. So it will always follow the night idc table. When you print the route it will show an * by the active either dcno or ncno.

KEY xx DRC yyy

DID Route Control key, where yyy = the Trunk Route number. This is the key that toggles the IDC from day to night. It can go on any digital phone.

Either you have a DRC key and it is activated, or you need to add one for this new route.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back