Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force field entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnigma

Technical User
May 26, 2002
US
Hello there.

I have a form for entering invoice information, and I have 2 different currency fields. Field 1 is for AU currency, and the other field is for foreign currency. If a foreign currency amount is entered, then the user is supposed to select a drop down menu in another field which shows what foreign currency is being used.

What I would like to do is have a msg pop up and not let the user move forward unless they enter a value into the CurrencyType field.

The names of the field are:

AUSAmount (currency properties)
OtherAmount (currency properties)
CurrencyType (this field needs to be mandatory if "OtherAmount" has a value in it)

What about something like CurrencyType.SetFocus in the AfterUpdate event procedure of OtherAmount if this control contains a valid amount ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hi PHV. I don't know how to write code, so not sure what exactly I need to put in there. I understand about the set focus part, but not what else I would put in then that would make it mandatory they will that field in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back