Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force-Delete Job Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

benace

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
Hey All-

Got myself somewhat of a serious problem. I have a GFS rotation that's been running for a few months now, no gripes. Just recently, it stopped running. No indication of a problem, no errors, just stopped. I try to force a "run-now", doesn't run. Says ready. Try to reschedule 1 minute in the future, time comes and goes... doesn't run. I can run other backups and restores no problem.

restarted all the engines, rebooted the computer and ssl2020 tape library (running arcserve 2000). Almost at wits end... i discover that Job 101 (the last GFS rotation to run) won't delete from the database screen under job records. I can delete any other job record, except the latest, 101.

Is there a way to force delete that job record? I'm thinking that might help solve the problem. As above stated, I have already restarted all engines, computer, and tape library. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-ben

Ben McMahon
Net/Sys Admin
Perry's Ice Cream
ben.mcmahon@perrysicecream.com
premium_hg.jpg

It will not let you delete the last record.
Doubtful that this would have anything to do with jobs not running.

Try running a new backup.
Try running a Count.
If those don't run then there is a problem with the Job Engine.

Have you installed the latest updates?
Were they installed just before this problem started?
Maybe there was a problem with the update. Set all the services to startup type manual, restart the system then reinstall the updates.

Are you using any 3rd party remote management?
Try it direct from the server, or via a locally installed Manager that was also updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back