Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force CF to recognize a connection string or OLE DB provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina2

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
Can anybody tell me what is wrong with this connection string???!!

Provider=SLXNetwork.1;Password=password;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=admin;Data Source=IRCSALESLOGIX1;Extended Properties="SLX Server=SERVER15;ADDRESS=localhost;Type=ODBC;PORT=1706"

I need to connect to a MSSQL database that has a SalesLogix front end. According to SalesLogix (made by BEST software), the only way to connect to the DB is through its OLEDB provider. Connecting directly to the SQL database will screw things up beyond recognition.

I can create a .udl file that will create and veify the connection string, but we have tried everything we could think of to get Cold Fusion to use the connection string to talk to the database.

Does anybody know of any tricks to force recognitoin of a non-standard OLE DB Provider in Windows so that Cold Fusion will recognize it?

Either this is impossible, or I am the first one on the planet to attempt this. (SalesLogix KB contains not references to CF and vice-versa -- until now!)

I refuse to beleive this is impossible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kristine

Hello!

I can't answer your question, i just need to post a question of my own.

We're using SLX on metaframe xp, and we have to constantly restart the Saleslogix OLE DB Provider service. This happens quite a few times, up to 2 or 3 times a day. This is not a resource issue, as we are running servers that can handle a lot more than what we currently have running. I'd like to know if this is a known issue, whether there is a solution (apart from restarting the service).

Thanks

I'm not familure with salesLogix or how it interfaces with CF, but in order for CF to use a database it MUST (no way around it except for cf5) have a datasource registered in the coldfusion administrator. Cf now uses JDBC which does not accpet or support a "dsn-less" connection.

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back