Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force all Domain users to Change password at next logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

evans17

MIS
Feb 5, 2004
US
Need some help here.

I am hoping for a better way the going to each user and checking the box.

Man i hope there is a better way.

Nope, no other way, unless you create a policy with a 1 day password expiration, then run a script that reboots everyone's PC at a certain time, then change the policy back from 1 day to what you want it to be.

i don't get it.

can't you just highlight all the users and then right-click | properties | "account" tab | "account options:" | check off "user must change password at next logon" | ?

Worth a shot. If not, try this.
Examples

All users must change password at next logon.
Dim Srv, Usr
Set Srv = CreateObject("UserManager.Server")
'Srv.Select "SERVER"
For Each Usr In Srv.Users
Usr.PasswordExpired = True
Next
Found it on the net.

Click here to learn How to help with tsunami relief... Glen A. Johnson
"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
Groucho Marx

if you script it (which is how i would do it in w2k), you may want to identify service accounts that have "password never expires" set to true. this could cause headaches with things like backups, sql server accounts, ect... if they are forced to change...

yea

When I setup user accounts I make sure that all boxes are not checked.

When I setup service accounts I alsways make sure password will never expire. SO i know that right

Any one of any other scripts to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back