Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FORBES.COM DOESN'T SEEM TO LIKE BEFSR41 V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfguerra

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have a BEFSR41 v2 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 10/100 4-Port Switch that connects 4 rooms in my home. Every web site I have accessed comes through except For those of you who may not know, forbes.com is a website for the magazine Forbes.

I have tried accessing forbes.com from other machines out of my home and they work just fine. I even went next door to my neighbor, asked him to access it, ran back to my home and he was able to view it but not me.

I also run Norton Internet Security (NIS). I have disabled it and it still didn't work. I also added to NIS as one of the trusted domains and that didn't work either.

Has anyone had this kind of problem? Thanks!

PS:

I forgot to mention one other item. My router is connected to a cable modem to access Time Warner's Roadrunner broaband service.

To ensure it wasn't something with the acutal modem, I tested a direct connection (i.e. from my PC to the cable modem directly) and I WAS able to access forbes.com.

That's why I suspect it's something in the configuration of the router.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back