Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

For those who FTP and use windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

theEclipse

Programmer
Dec 27, 1999
US
If you use Ftp, and use windows, heres a hint:<br><br>I have been using the windows ftp prog. It comes with win98, and probably 95 too.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is located in the windows directory. <br><br>Pros:<br>--------<br>Free<br>No need to download<br>binary/ascii selection<br><br>cons:<br>--------<br>Command line interface can be too much for some people<br><br><br>I have been using it for a while, and didn't really think anything of it, until a&nbsp;&nbsp;friend marveled at it.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just thought that all of you peoples might benefit from it.<br> <p>theEclipse<br><a href=mailto:eclipse_web@hotmail.com>eclipse_web@hotmail.com</a><br><a href=robacarp.webjump.com>robacarp.webjump.com</a><br>**-Trying to build a documentation of a Javascript DOM, crossbrowser, of course. E-mail me if you know of any little known events and/or methods, etc.

the ftp app has been a feature since at least Win 3.11 and I think was part of DOS 6.22.<br><br>If you want free AND GUI, try using FTP Explorer - it looks kinda like Explorer, but is FTP. It basically translates your point and click into commands for the ftp prompt.<br><br>Go to ftpx.com for more information.

I like the built in FTP engine with IE 5.0. You can drag and drop files, copy them, read them, edit them or whatever, just as if you are doing right from your desktop. <p>John Vogel<br><a href=mailto:johnvogel@homepage.com>johnvogel@homepage.com</a><br><a href= FreeDSL Service</a><br>[To a get FREE DSL Modem WITH FREE DSL Unlimited Internet Connection click the above link :)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back