Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

For all Those Who Know Adobe Photoshop 6.0 or > !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm sooo new to photoshop but I am willing to learn and do what I can. I"m creating a web-page and I want to create a very realistic looking storefront, like a store you see in a mall. My idea is to have a store with glass doors and glass display. And the border of the store is a black frame. Pretty much, how do I create a realistic looking store? I have no photos to go off of, I just hope there's some way I can design it to be as realistic as possible. Any ideas, tips, links to sites etc... that can help this venture will be great. Thanks

I have no photos to go off of, I just hope there's some way I can design it to be as realistic as possible.

Um...how good are you at drawing and painting?

My advice is to go get some photos.
You can hunt for some at stock photo places such as

Or you can grab a camera and go take some pictures yourself. Just make sure you get permision from the shop owners first and make sure you can't see the store's name or any brand names in the final image. It would probably be a good idea not to have any easily recognizable icons like a statue of Micky Mouse, Darth Vader or anything like that in the image too.

Ooooor, you can teach yourself a photoreal 3D application like Maya, StudioMax or Lightwave and build the scene. I recommend getting a camera. :)

Photoshop is a strong program, but it works best when you have some source material.

good luck,

jaxon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back