Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Footer template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilT123

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
GB
I have a suite of about 30 reports each of which have our company address, registered number etc as labels in the footer.

A change of detail means I have to update all of the reports and I wondered whether it would be better to create a subreport and put it in the footer section of each report.

This would mean in future I would only have to update one report and all of the reports would be updated.

Actually I guess I would need two subreports, one for landscape reports and one for portrait.

Is this a good idea? Are there any pitfalls? Should I record the company details within the database and then use text boxes? What do others do?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

You should have a table to store the information rather than "hard-coding" values into label controls.

I often use landscape and portrait subreports for headers or footers. Mostly report or page headers.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back