Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Footer on aspx page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2002
IN
Hi,

I want to have a footer at the bottom of a aspx page as how we have on this page (Copyright stuff). The aspx page has a <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "
Here is the code in the .aspx page.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="DevExpress.Web.ASPxGridView.v7.2, Version=7.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1"
Namespace="DevExpress.Web.ASPxGridView" TagPrefix="dxwgv" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.v7.2, Version=7.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1"
Namespace="DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors" TagPrefix="dxe" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="DevExpress.Web.ASPxGridView.v7.2.Export, Version=7.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1"
Namespace="DevExpress.Web.ASPxGridView.Export" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "<html xmlns="<head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>Default</title>
<link href="~/App_Themes/CSS/SStyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="SMDefault" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UPDefault" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" class="bgBody pdngSilotp" width="100%">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="bgMainTbl">
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top">
<asp:Image runat="server" ID="imgTblcorr" ImageUrl="~/App_Themes/Images/tabl_cor_r.gif"
Width="17" Height="16" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<table align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="400" align="left">

</td>
<td rowspan="2" class="seperator" width="15">
&nbsp;
</td>
<td rowspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
<input type="button" value="Search" onclick="dxgvDevXGrid.PerformCallback();" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="height: 119px" id="tdDisclaimer" runat="server" width="400" align="left">
<table id="tblDisclaimer" runat="server" visible="false" border="0">

</table>
<%--<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UP1" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>--%>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" align="left" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="left" class="txtTpNav bgTradeCycle" style="padding-left: 10px;"
height="27">
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Export to Excel" />
<asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" OnClick="Button2_Click" Text="Export To PDF" />
<cc1:aspxgridviewexporter id="GVexport" runat="server" gridviewid="dxgvDevXGrid"></cc1:aspxgridviewexporter>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">
<div id="divGrid" runat="server" style="display :block " >
<dxwgv:ASPxGridView ID="dxgvDevXGrid" runat="server"
ClientInstanceName="dxgvDevXGrid" Width="100%" OnDataBinding="dxgvDevXGrid_DataBinding" OnCustomCallback="dxgvDevXGrid_CustomCallback">
</dxwgv:ASPxGridView>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<%--</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>--%>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<asp:Image runat="server" ID="imgSpacer4" ImageUrl="~/App_Themes/Images/spacer.gif"
Width="700" Height="1" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="bottom" align="left">
<asp:Image runat="server" ID="imgTblCorl" ImageUrl="~/App_Themes/Images/tabl_cor_l.gif"
Width="17" Height="16" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="bgBody pdngBtm" colspan="5">
&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>
</form>
</body>
</html>

My designer tried every possible thing but he couldnt get a solution on how to put a footer on the page. Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,
Manish

You simply add a div called footer, add a paragraph with the copyright information in and put it at the bottom of the code. Use CSS then to style it like you want to. Where did your designer fail?

His designer probably got sent that code above and thought it was real HTML instead of server-side crud which is no good to anyone trying to help with a client-side issue!

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Hi,

If i place a div at the bottom on the page and put footer contents in it still it wont go to the bottom because we are using
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "If i remove doctype then my footer looks proper. <!DOCTYPE is necessary for asp.net pages.

Thanks,
Manish

Did you read the "footerStickAlt" article I pointed you to in thread855-1411633 or act upon of the advice that I gave regarding validation, depreciated attributes and tables for page layout?

------------------------------------------------------------

Mark,
[URL unfurl="true"]http://aspnetlibrary.com[/url]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://mdssolutions.co.uk[/url] - Delivering professional ASP.NET solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back