Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
What fonts should be used when designing a site. I have made a few sites and now have come across one that I have used fonts that I also really like, but on some machines not showing correctly.

Better to use Arial font. This font is Cleary visible and by default all systems having this font. If u want to use some other font like which is not available in all systems that time u have to break it ur text then that ur text will become a image.

Select the text and break Apart from Modify> Break Apart or Ctrl+B

It's easier to use the "embed" option in the text panel - this will ensure that the user sees what you see when you design the site.

Fonts are embedded automatically if you use static text but the embed option must be checked for dynamic text boxes for them to show correctly, even then there can be problems if you're loading text dynamically from a remote source.

The major drawback is that embedding will increase the size of your .swf by up to 30k if you embed a full font, you can however choose to only embed the characters you actually use which helps somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back