Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjulie

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
ZA
I correspond with people through Yahoo groups. I notice that their fonts appear in different sizes and colours in the same post. I can receive them , but when I want to send, I can only send in black and one size font. How can I send messages in different fonts and sizes?

Do I take it you don't use Outlook express? as it's a piece of cake to do if you do use it.

kwunder

Right.
When you click on New Mail, the New Mail page opens ready for you to input who to send to, subject etc. When you click inside the box where you type your message, do you see the Font & Font size box above where you type your message ? Then along the same line, you'll see other font choices of B (bold) I (italic) U (underline) and then a letter A which is underlined. If you click on this, you'll get a drop down box of colours to choose for your font.

Easiest thing to do is type your whole message, the just highlight the bit's you want and change them to whatever font, size or colour you wish.

To change the background colour of a message, click on Format along the top, and go to Background and then Colour, and you'll get the same drop down colour box as before to select your background colour.

If you need to know any more, let me know :)

Happy, colourful messaging !

kwunder

I'm not sure about Outlook Express, but in some programs you need to set it to Rich Text

That's ok. Thanks. I am familiar with this. But that's not the problem. Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express as it's mail and news programme. The problem occurs when I am sending post on the Yahoo group web page in Internet Explorer itself. Are you saying I must use Outlook Express as the message sender and not the web page itself?

Julie,

I think I understand what you mean. At this site you can post animations for emoticons and/or use a form of markup language called TGML. When you post a respoonse, clck on the Emoticon/Smileys and Process TGML links in Step2 Options to get an idea as to hiow they work.

See if the site has these options available.

reghakr

reghakr,

Yahoo does not offer these options. Thanks for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back