Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphiroth

Programmer
Dec 15, 2004
US
I have a collection of cotrols:
System::Windows::Forms::Control * tmpControl = ctrlCollection->get_Item(i);

I was wondering if its possible to access the tmpControl->FontHeight. I know that FontHeight is a protected property but I need a way to access the font height of this temporary control.

Thank you.

There might be some sort of wrapper "getFontHeight."

Of course, if they really don't want you to get at it, they didn't provide the wrapper.

Actually I was looking for a way to change the line spacing between sentences.

a way to change the line spacing between sentences.
You mean you want period-space-space-NextWord instead of the period-space-NextWord that seems to be popular with Windows? Or you mean you want an extra blank line between paragraphs?

For those, you might need to make it some sort of OwnerDraw control so you can do the painting yourself.

What type of control is it?

What I mean is, I want to control how much space there is between one line and the one under it.

exampe one
|
|
example two

The space between example one and example two.
The control is a button.

Technically, that's the leading. I doubt there's a way to change that, other than drawing your own button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back