Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts won't load in Indesign (loads in other programs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrra

Technical User
Oct 3, 2008
SE
Hello!
A couple of fonts that I have installed won't load in Indesign. They load in for example Word.

After Googled the problem and the only solution I found was deleting the FntCache-file in the system32-folder. I did so but the problem persists after the reboot.

Please can anyone help? I've tried all day without success...

I use Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance.

...which fonts are we questioning here?

...i've heard that Microsoft changed some font names (the advanced system font names) in newer versions of Office which have meant indesign doesn't list them correctly...

...one offered solution is to find older versions of office fonts and install those instead and delete the fonts cache files made by the previous newer fonts...

...another solution offered (if they are not microsoft fonts) is to try installing them in the "Fonts" folder within the Indesign application folder itself, indesign will look there as well as the system font folders...

...also, here is a post about Arial and Adobe Creative Suite on Vista not working properly and a fix from microsoft:

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back