Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fonts not showing in Quark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

studio1

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
US
I'm using Quark 5, OS X, Panther, Suitcase X1. Problem: only my system fonts are showing in Quark 5. I can't see any of my other (numerous) fonts, which are located in a separate folder and managed by Suitcase. In other applications (InDesign), I have no problem seeing, accessing or using any of my fonts.

I don't know how to begin to solve this. Would appreciate input & help.

Thanks!

Is InDesign running in Classic as well? Most likely not. This is why InDesign has access to all of your fonts.

Unless you configure your font management program, Classic applications are limited to what fonts are stored in the Classic system folder.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I understand. But where, in what folder, do I place my fonts for Quark 5 to see them? I don't see a Classic system folder anywhere. There's a system folder, but it's not in a Classics anything.

I'd be most grateful if you could explain this to me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back